Will you love the way your Lawn Love crew mows your grass and edges your yard? Probably yes, but maybe no. Our Lawn Love review looks at the lawn care provider’s history, services, prices, customer reviews, and competition so you can make an informed choice.
Yes, LawnStarter is the top lawn care services provider across the U.S., but we assessed Lawn Love, our competitor, in all fairness, noting pros and cons, and where it excels and falls short.
What We Liked
- Large footprint: Lawn Love has an extensive network of professionals in more than 120 metro areas nationwide, and is expanding to new areas all the time.
- Strong vetting of contractors: The company does an outstanding job vetting the professionals in its network, so consumers can have confidence in the pros they hire.
- BBB accreditation: Lawn Love is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, unlike its major competitors.
What We Didn’t Like
- No app: Lawn Love doesn’t have a mobile app. The other two of the Big 3 lawn care services do.
In this review:
- What Is Lawn Love?
- How Lawn Love Works
- Lawn Love Services
- Lawn Love Prices
- Lawn Love Quality Assurances
- Lawn Love Pros and Cons
- Lawn Love Customer Reviews
- FAQ About Lawn Love
- Our Verdict: Lawn Love is a Strong Second Choice (Behind Us)
What Is Lawn Love?
Lawn Love launched in 2014 in San Diego, joining the wave of businesses like Uber, Instacart and others providing on-demand and concierge-style services.
In 2021, founder Jeremy Yamaguchi explained in an article that the service was born out of frustration with his own lawn care provider.
“There must be a better way,” he said in the article. “If we can book an Uber or Lyft rideshare or order food delivered by GrubHub, why can’t we book a lawn care pro the same way?”
With Lawn Love, you can. Lawn Love links you with lawn care professionals fast. Customers can book weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly services through Lawn Love and get expert treatment for their yards from Lawn Love lawn pros.
How Lawn Love Works
To understand how well Lawn Love works, we tested the company’s online portal. Turns out, ordering services from Lawn Love is incredibly simple. It takes minutes and just a few steps:
- Sign Up and Get a Quote: On Lawn Love‘s homepage, enter your name, address, phone number, and email address and hit the “Get Your Quote” button.
Pick one or more services, then add any preferences or instructions below. Then, choose your budget and put in your correct contact information at the bottom of the page. Click “Get a Free Quote”.
- Get Matched With a Lawn Care Pro: Lawn Love pairs you with a professional service provider in your area in line with your selected price range and needs. You can choose how often you’d like the pro to come from the frequency menu, and then confirm your order.
- Add Your Payment Information: Lawn Love accepts payments only via debit or credit cards.
Lawn Love Services
Lawn Love Lawn Care Prices
It’s difficult to provide an exact price for mowing services because there are so many variables, but a good range for an average, quarter-acre yard is $29 to $65. That includes edging and blowing grass clippings off patios and walkways.
Sometimes, first-time Lawn Love customers can take advantage of a $19 one-time mowing special.
Note: Lawn Love’s lawn care pros don’t bag clippings. They may if you request it, but you should expect to pay slightly more.
Long Grass Fee: Lawn Love tacks on a Long Grass Fee, for grass that is between 6 and 12 inches high. The Long Grass Fee can be 50% to 100% on top of the basic mowing price. If the grass is longer than 12 inches, the pro will give you a custom quote.
Unlike most of its competitors, Lawn Love offers at least some general guidance on what you can expect to pay for certain services:
$30 – $50 for bi-weekly mowing and trimming service
$35 – $50 for bi-weekly mowing and periodic fertilization
$80 – $120 for aeration service
$60 – $150 for leaf cleanup
Expert mowing is Lawn Love’s big thing, but here’s what’s included in some of their other key services:
Cost: Generally $75-$150
- Overgrown yard cleanup
- Yard waste removal
- Abandoned home cleanup
- Yard debris removal
- Leaf removal
- Hedge trimming
- Weed control
- Green waste disposal
Cost: Generally $35-$50
- Bush and shrub trimming
- Green waste disposal
Cost: Generally $75-$150
- Cleaning out leaves and debris
- Flushing gutter system
- Inspection of gutters for leaks, defects
- Minor repairs
- Carting away debris
Lawn Love Quality Assurances
Price, reliability, and quality are three things customers want when they hire someone to take care of their yard or home. Price is important, but cheap means nothing if you can’t trust the contractor or you get shoddy work.
We observed that Lawn Love has some safeguards in place to ensure its customers get a high level of service and are satisfied. They are:
No Payment Until You’re Satisfied: Your payment is delayed three days after the scheduled services so that you have enough time to assess the work and contact Lawn Love if there’s something wrong. Lawn Love fixes any issues free of cost.
Strict Vetting of All Contractors: Lawn Love conducts a detailed assessment of all the companies and businesses it works with.
All Contractors Must Be Bonded and Insured: Accidents can happen when heavy equipment is involved. To protect you from damage, Lawn Love makes sure every contractor carries proper coverage in case of a mishap.
Quality Guarantee: Lawn Love runs an always-available customer support line, seven days a week. The representatives are trained to address customer concerns and resolve any issues. Lawn Love guarantees its work on its homepage:: “If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll come back and fix it, free of charge.”
Lawn Love Pros and Cons
Let’s look at some pros and cons of Lawn Love:
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau: This means the company meets the BBB’s standards, which includes committing to making a good faith effort to resolve consumer complaints. Lawn Love is the only one of the Big 3 lawn care companies accredited by the BBB.
- Fast: Customers typically receive a quote in 2 minutes or less and get their service started in just days.
- Heavily screened lawn care pros: Lawn Love ensures that all its contractors are properly vetted and insured as required by state and local regulations.
- Large array of available services: From mowing, trimming, and leaf removal, to landscaping and more, Lawn Love connects you with experts for all sorts of yard jobs.
- Strongly positive reviews from tons of verified customers: Two leading reputable consumer websites award Lawn Love high marks.
- Vast network of yard care pros: The company maintains a large roster of local small-business owners in more than 120 metro areas across the U.S.
- Daily customer support: Customer support reps are available 7 days a week to respond to complaints, and they also effectively and timely respond to issues on consumer websites.
- User-friendly website: Requesting a quote, booking, canceling, or modifying a service is simple.
- Guaranteed satisfaction and quality: Lawn Love promises that customers don’t pay if the service isn’t performed to their satisfaction.
- Offers lawn treatments and fertilization across the U.S.: Lawn Love is much more than a lawn mowing company.
- Limited availability in some markets: Lawn Love doesn’t operate in some markets but is always expanding.
- Occasional delays: Customers occasionally complain about service delays.
- 3-mow minimum: You must commit to at least three mows before you’re able to cancel your service. Lawn Love explains that this rule is only in place to assure the lowest price from its pros.
Lawn Love Customer Reviews (4.5 out of 5 stars)
User reviews are useful for assessing customers’ satisfaction. Two platforms known for authentic reviews are Trustpilot, and REVIEWS.io because they let only verified customers review. Both sites also don’t permit companies to buy positive reviews to spike their ratings.
- Lawn Love received 4.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot and has 978 total reviews, and 78% of all reviewers awarded the company 5 stars.
- Lawn Love scored 4.5 out of 5 stars on 495 reviews on REVIEWS.io, where 82% of reviewers recommended the company.
Impressively, Lawn Love promptly responded to both positive and negative reviews it received on Trustpilot. Lawn Love representatives responded to the few negative reviews by apologizing and inviting the customer to directly contact them so they could assess the situation in detail and fix it.
Here are a few reviews we randomly collected from these websites:
Lawn Love vs. Competitors
Lawn Love may not offer more services than LawnStarter, but its pros generally are rated very highly by customers. It’s also accredited by the Better Business Bureau, which sets it apart from many competitors.
FAQ About Lawn Love
Do Customers Need to Sign a Contract?
No, Lawn Love doesn’t require you to sign a contract, but you must agree to at least three cuts.
How Are Mowing Prices Determined?
Lawn Love utilizes local real estate records to calculate the size of your property and then generates a price quote. You may get charged a little bit above the basic service fee if you make a special request that requires labor, time, or other resources of the contractor. A fee may also be added if your grass is longer than 6 inches.
Will Lawn Love Charge to Fix a Problem?
No. Lawn Love states: “If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll come back and fix it, free of charge.”
Can I Revise the Date or Time of My Scheduled Service?
Yes. Lawn Love gives its customers the choice to change the details of their requested service, but asks for 48 hours notice.
Our Verdict: Lawn Love is a Strong Second Choice (Behind Us)
Lawn Love scores some of the best marks in the industry for its service, dependability, and ease of use and seems to have mastered the customer service and complaint resolution areas. The company works hard to maintain its sterling reputation and earns high praise from an overwhelming majority of its customers.
Like LawnStarter, Lawn Love makes it easy to find a lawn care pro to mow, trim, and edge your lawn.
Pardon us if we still think LawnStarter is superior. We do offer a few more services and also enjoy a stellar reputation across the United States for yard and home care services.
But we have to give it up for Lawn Love. They’re doing right by their customers and are head and shoulders above their competitors for dependability and customer service.
Main Image Photo Credit: Canva Pro with text overlay